Jun 13 – 20th, 2020
Escape to the breathtaking landscape of Marathon Greece for Fly Time’s Luxury Aerial Retreat this fall.
Marathon Blue is located on a gorgeous hilltop that has a complete 360 degrees view of the magical Evoikos Gulf. This gem is only 40 minutes from Athens International Airport and one hour from the centre of Athens. The perfect distance away from and to civilization, so you will be able to fully recharge and relax or revitalize and energize your soul – whatever your preference may be.
We will enjoy daily Aerial Silks classes and a few restorative classes throughout the week. In between, enjoy the delicious local, organic and fresh food and beverages that Greece is famous for, as well as daily excursions to take in all that Greece offers.
Are you ready for your next Fly Time Retreats adventure?
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Everything except your plane ticket to and from Greece!
- Transportation to and from the Athens airport
- Daily meals – local, organic and fresh
- All drinks
- Accommodations at Marathon Blue Luxury Villa
- Daily Aerial Silks Class and Restorative evening classes on select nights (Aerial Yoga, Yoga, Stretch)
- One 1hr massage during the retreat
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
(subject to change)
- 7-9am Breakfast
- 9am Aerial Silks Class
- 11am Lunch
- 12pm Excursions
- 5pm Dinner
- 7pm Restorative Class on select nights
Aerial Silks Classes
Learn how to dance on air while toning your muscles, increasing flexibility and strengthening the entire body. There are endless possibilities with the horizontal, vertical, twisting, spinning and flying movements that aerial silks allows.
Instruction will be catered to your individual level.
Having fun while learning, improving or perfecting your talent is key!
End of Day Restorative Class
At the end of select days, participants will enjoy a restorative class to help balance and stretch your body from your aerial silks lesson and daily adventures. Focus will be on relaxation and flexibility through either a yoga class, stretch class or relaxing aerial yoga class; the perfect end to an amazing day.
Jamie Holmes’ career has taken her around the world performing on Vegas stages, cruise ships, European tours, throughout the Middle East, USA and Canada, as well appearing in many televisions shows, movies, music videos and stage shows.
She began as a competitive gymnast on the west coast of Canada. Dance was soon integrated into her training, which lead her to The Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts in Toronto, Canada.
After graduating, and while performing in Las Vegas, the circus bug bit her and she further expanded her performance training with Aerial Acrobatics, which combines her love of both dance and gymnastics perfectly. You can now find her performing high in the air as well as dancing on the ground. Throughout her career Jamie has taught all forms of dance, acrobatics, a huge range of fitness classes, and aerial classes to all ages and all levels.
She is the owner of Studio Flux Inc which is where she operates The Circus Fix classes in Toronto. She also runs Fly Time Retreats which hosts Aerial Circus and Yoga Retreats in Costa Rica and now in Greece!
Spyros has travelled all over the world and has spent over 30 years living in the area of Marathon. He can personally assure you that Marathon is the perfect place for relaxation, activities and day trips. You can feel the history of the area and be part of it. After only a few days of staying here, you will feel like a local!
Spyros and his team’s goal is for you to hand on to the vibrant feeling you enjoyed during your stay appon returning home and until your next visit.
- Levels: All levels
- Hours of activity:15
- Minimum age:18
- Maximum group size: 14
- Languages trip conducted in: English
WHO AM I LIKELY TO MEET?
Typical Age Range: 20-40’s
WHAT TO BRING
- Adapter/converter to fit European plugs
- Aerial athletic wear – leggings that cover the backs of your knees and a top that covers your waist.
- Bathing suits, hiking wear/shoes
- Jacket for evenings
- Drivers license if you would like to rent a car
Marathon Blue is a luxury villa retreat, decorated in minimalist style that gives you one of the most beautiful panoramic views that the South Evian Sea can offer. Designed with an eclectic architectural taste, this lodge was built to provide absolute comfort and relaxation while fitting into the beautiful rural scenery that surrounds it. It features:
- Single Room A – 1 guest
- Single Room B – 1 guest
- Double Room – 2 guests
- Triple Room A – 6 guests (3 king beds)
- Quad Room – 4 guests
- 5 bathrooms
- the perfect place for groups, couples or solo travelers.
All rooms offer luxury high quality hand ironed linens, free Wi-Fi and air conditioning.
Equipped of course with anything you could ever wish for: from a state of the art home cinema installation and satellite television to speedy internet connection, a wonderful garden with a swimming pool and much, much more.
* Accommodation room availability is on a first come, first serve basis
If you have any dietary restrictions please let us know prior to the retreat so we can accommodate.
AVAILABILITY AND PRICES – All inclusive
The retreat will take place from June 13th to 20th, 2020. This retreat is perfect for singles or couples!
50% Deposit is due on Jan 1st, 2020 – 50% deposit is required in order to secure your spot. Deposit will only be refunded if minimum number of participants is not met by Jan 15th, 2020
- We’ve simplified our pricing – costs are now $2650 per person
This trip is great for solo culture vultures who want to immerse themselves in Marathon. With sociable accommodation and loads of fun activities, you’ll get to know your fellow travellers in no time.
- Visit local beach clubs and take in the water sports offered – SUP, Windsurfing, Jet Skis (at an additional cost)
- Aerial Silks photo shoot on the beach a Schinias National Park with the stunning backdrop of the ocean and pine forest
- Day trip to Athens to explore the epic sites and monuments
- Ferry trip to Evia Island to explore the beaches there
- Explore the coast-the South Evian sea surrounding East Attica & Marathon gulf will astound you with miles of golden sand- soak up the sun or take a dip in the sea in a kaleidoscope of blues.
- Visit the archaeological museum of Marathon, the Antic City of Ramnous, Marathon Lake, the start of the original Marathon run and other local attractions.
- Head to the Schinias National Park – an area of 13.84 square kilometers of rare ecosystem composed of a wetland, a coastal pine forest, a freshwater spring, a peninsula, a hill and a magnificent bay!
- Encounter foxes, badgers, hedgehogs, rabbits, reptiles, turtles, frogs and various bird species
- See the Olympic Rowing Centre of Athens 2004 Olympic Games
- The area belongs to the Natura 2000 network with 19 habitat types, 115 bird species with a potential diversity of 215 species including threatened species of freshwater fish, amphibians and reptiles.
- Pine forest of Schinias: The coastal pine forest (one of the few remaining in Europe) is located between the wetland and the sea, on a sandy area with dunes and is one of the three pine forests in Greece
- The Cynosura Peninsula: The Cynosura Peninsula and the Drakonera hill are limestone formations, covered by bushy, Mediterranean vegetation where the shrub Juniperus phoenicea predominates.
- Makaria Spring: The Makaria spring streams in the northwest of the National Park, preserving two freshwater and brackish water lakes.
- Schinias Wetland: A wetland with sweet, salty and brackish water, reeds, trees, halophytic vegetation and wet meadows, which floods regularly. You’ll encounter a great variety of threatened bird species such as Ardea
purpurea, Ardeola ralloides, Circus aeruginosus, Circus pygargus, Cisticola juncidis, Egretta garzetta, Ixobrychus minutus and Plegadis falcinellus.
- Lake Stomi: The lower part of the wetland on the eastern edge, which seasonally floods with salt water.
- Schinias Bay: On the bay’s sandy base we encounter Posidonia (Posidonia oceanica), a plant that grows only in clean water. In the rocky side of Cynosura peninsula, different underwater vegetation with higher algae develops.
HOW TO BOOK
Step 1 – Download and complete the Registration Form along with your Waiver Form (both linked below). Once completed, submit them using the form provided at the bottom of this page.
Step 2 – You will then receive an email with a cost breakdown based on your choice of accommodations. Once you approve that..
Step 3 – You will receive a PayPal invoice with your deposit amount that is due. Pay this deposit to secure your spot
50% is due in order to secure your spot and is non-refundable*.
*If minimum numbers are not met by July 1st – the retreat will be cancelled and all deposits will be refunded.
Step 4 – Book flights after minimum numbers are met (you will be contacted with an update)
**Please feel free to send me any questions as I would be happy to elaborate and give you my personal opinion on how fantastic this place really is.**
Send in your Registration form and Waiver using this form.